Affiliate Marketing Secrets
Affiliate marketing is by far the fastest way to get started earning a living online. This is when you send visitors to someone else’s product sales page, they do all the hard work of developing the product, making the sale, delivering the product and supporting the customer, and you keep 50% or more of the sales
Here’s just a few benefits
- You’re able to start almost instantly without having to develop a product, set up a website and sales page, design the website, create marketing materials, or set up the ordering, billing & delivery system.
- There’s no time required on your partbecause they handle the billing, support, maintenance, etc.
- There’s no risk for you, because the product owner has already done all the research , development and testing. So you already know that the visitors you send will result in commissions for you.
There’s no denying that these benefits make affiliate marketing the best thing going!
OK, but it’s not all rosy…
You work hard to send the traffic to the product owner’s website, but once you do that you will never see those visitors again. Unfortunately, the majority of those visitors (at least 90%) will not buy on their first visit. And of the 10% or less that do buy, the product owner will be able to sell to them again, but you will not.
What’s the solution?
Simply put, you need to capture the name and email of your visitors *before* sending them to the product sales page. If you do that, you can contact them again and send them back the product website multiple times. This will increase the number of sales you make. And if you want to do it like a pro, you’ll give them some great content before sending them to the sales page.
Here are the benefits of doing affiliate marketing like this:
- You’ll be building your own list of potential customers that you can market to again and again.
- You’re generating good will by giving them high-quality content. This way, they are much more likely to make a purchase when you send them to the sales page.
Here’s what you’ll need to create affiliate tools like this:
- A lead capture page, preferably with video
- At least a few pages of great content
- A multi-part email series with at least 5 emails in it
The video squeeze page is where you’ll direct your traffic instead of directly to the product sales page. Your squeeze page adds your visitors to you autoresponder. This is how you start building your list, and at the same time begin sending them useful information. After subscribing them to your email list, it redirects them to your content mini-site.
These high-quality content pages provide value and build good will. This way your visitor is more likely to buy when they get to the product owner’s website. And even if they don’t buy on the first visit, your email series sends them back to the product sales page again and again to increase your sales.
All of this together increases your chances of making the sale by up to 500% so it’s well worth the effort of setting it up. After setting it up, you simply send visitors to your squeeze page instead of the sales page. And the rest runs on auto-pilot.
One option, if you’re not up to the challenge of setting this all up yourself, is to let someone like Affiliate Silver Bullet do it for you. With a service like that, you don’t have to do anything. They make the video, build the squeeze page, write the email series, develop the content mini-site, etc. And then just give you a finished package. On the plus side, you’ll save a ton of time and money vs. trying to build this yourself. Plus you can get started instantly. The drawback is that you won’t be the only one using these affiliate tools. But the internet is huge, so this shouldn’t really affect you.
The other route you can take is to hire people on Elance to create and implement the various aspects for you. Either way, it’s an important step that you need to take if you’re going to be serious about your affiliate marketing.